Built in 1929, this historic building is now a highly sustainable integrated science teaching and research center for the departments of Earth Sciences and Natural Resources. Originally designed to support lecture-based pedagogy and Chemistry researchers who worked alone, the academic environment has been completely transformed.
We worked closely with the University to create a collaborative, discovery-based learning environment that supports team-based investigation and research. The modernization increased the building size by 14,000 GSF and salvaged and restored many important architectural characteristics, including a central stairway and 75% of the existing exterior walls, floor, and roof.
The adaptive reuse of the Hall, which stands in the heart of the campus, reflects the University’s commitment to sustainability and historic preservation. Certified LEED Gold, it is the first academic building in New Hampshire’s public university system to obtain LEED certification.
- 60,000 GSF modernization
- 14,000 GSF new construction
- Earth Sciences
- Natural Resources
- LEED Gold certification